Maintenance Technician, Rolling Stock & Depot Workshop Equipment
What are my responsibilities?
- Preventive and corrective maintenance including of repairs of the systems covered by the maintenance section in accordance with the instructions given by the superior personnel.
- Repair and maintenance function applicable to the maintenance department, responsible for maintaining infrastructure and railway-related sub-systems.
- Electrical, electronic or mechanical field engineer and at least three years of work experience.
- Survey and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems Rolling Stock and Depot Workshop Equipment e.g. shunting vehicle, cranes, lifting jacks, underfloor wheel late
- Perform manual repairs when necessary
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area while completing tasks related to maintenance, repair or installation
- Operating and handling of workshop equipment, Bogie lifting/handling, Rail lifting jacks, bogie pre-load stand
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Diploma / Degree as an electrical or mechanical technician
- Maintenance Experience and knowledge are required in one or more fields as listed below:
- min 5 years’ Experience with Rolling Stock or Depot Workshop Equipment e.g. shunting vehicle, cranes, lifting jacks, underfloor wheel late systems
- Use of CMMS Software, e.g. MAXIMO
- Valid motor vehicle driving license is appreciated
- Able to communicate in good English language and can read the technical manual
- Has a piece of good knowledge of tools and equipment
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as a maintenance technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, cooling and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called the People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of supercapacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on the line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Straub regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Maintenance Personnel
Job ID: 187548
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Important Note:-All The Information regarding Of vacancies is collecting from the official website, for more further information you can go through the official website and get the all information about latest upcoming vacancies