How to apply for the UPDA / Engineer’s Exam Registration in Qatar? – UPDATED Guide with all details
UPDA (Urban Planning and Development Authority)or locally known as Engineer’s Exam registration
1.Qatari citizen or hold a valid residence permit in the State
2.Bachelor’s degree in engineering
Now let’s get to the part of applying for the MMUP/UPDA exam Must
- Hukoomi Account
- University Certificates
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Uploading Required Documents
First, you must open a Hukoomi Account with Qatar ID, mobile number and other details to open a Hukoomi account, Go to this website:-Click Or http://portal.www.gov.qa/wps/portal
- Valid Qatar ID
- Degree Certificate (Attested from Home Country and Qatar)
- All mark List Sheet
- Work experience certificate (optional)
- Training course certificate (optional)
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Passport Size Photo
- Passport Copy
All Certificates must be attested by authorities in Home Country and by MOFA (Ministry of foreign affairs)
Note that attestation of degree certificates by MOFA requires a Bonafide letter from college/university.
PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- You need to get a police clearance certificate (PCC) from home country.
- Indian nationalities can get this through the Indian embassy/ICC Qatar (evening time),
- other nationalities need to check with their respective embassies for the procedure.
- Home country police clearance certificate should be attested by the ministry of foreign affairs to proceed to the next step.
Police clearance from Qatar (Qatar PCC).
To get PCC, go to Qatar CID Police office at Salwa Road. here
Or you can receive one from the CID Police department.
- Qatar ID original and photocopy
- Passport copy
Request letter, generated from Baladiya site http://www.baladiya.gov.qa, you can log in this site using your user name and password that you created for Hukoomi account.
Choose the purpose as “Engineer’s admission Committee”.
Note that they accept payment using only Debit/Credit Cards in government complexes.
Uploading Required Documents
Below DOCUMENT fORMATES ARANGE
- Engineering degree (PDF – Front and back side should be in a single file)
- Work experience certificate and training certificate (PDF- same as above)
- Qatar PCC (PDF)
- Qatar ID (JPEG – Front and back in a single file)
- Photo (JPEG)
- Passport (PDF – Including stamped page (if applicable) in a single file)
- Curriculum vitae (PDF – All pages in a single file)
Note: Give a name to each file like Engineering degree, Experience 1, Experience 2, etc. Don’t put the serial number at front.
Now follow the below,
- Log in to http://baladiya.gov.qa website using Hukoomi User ID and password.
- Select Engineers & Engineering committee option from the page and click ‘New Engineer Registration’.
- After clicking the final confirmation it will generate three pages with all data with a registration number. Please see that you print these three pages and keep it with you. Affix your photo in the generated page and sign in relevant locations.
In a month you will receive the SMS (with the date to submit the documents) from Baladiya to submit all original documents. Go to Baladiya office ground floor (Opposite of city center) on the date mentioned and take your queue token from Engineer registration option in the token machine and wait for your turn
- The exam will be conducted in the same Baladiya office on the 9th floor.
- The exam pattern is objective questions (25 questions) and the duration is 1 hour.
- Minimum score requirements for passing the exam is not clear.
- You need to prepare within your engineering discipline subjects, project management, etc.
- After finishing the exam, go outside the exam hall and wait in the rest area.
- After a few minutes, they will call one by one for results. If you pass or fail the exam, they will return all your original documents. If you pass the exam, they will tell you to wait for few minutes to issue the UPDA ID card.
- Your ATM/Credit card is needed for the payment. (Fees QR 300).
- These are some general guidelines only. All the best for the exam.
Check out more offers:-Click