QR22187 – Lead Fire and Safety Officer – Residential | Qatar Airways | Doha
About your Job:
As a Lead Fire and Safety Officer in the facilities services department, you will be responsible to lead a team of Fire and Safety Officers and Technicians to ensure a variety of life safety systems, such as Fire Detection and Fire Protection, within all QR owned and leased properties at all times. You will be managing the delivery of such services through QR or landlord appointed service providers. You will also be overseeing the reactive and periodical maintenance of the systems ensuring they are carried out by competent/Qatar Civil Defense Department certified Contractors. You will also ensure existing properties and new property being leased are compliant.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing the as built drawings, cause and effect matrix, manuals of Fire System for compliance with industry standards, QCDD requirements and NFPA.
- Reviewing and understanding the operation of (a variety of) Fire Fighting systems proposed or installed in a property, highlighting risks if industry codes or Qatar Civil Defense codes are not applied and followed.
- Training the workforce (that consists of QR Fire and Safety Officers, QR contracted staff, QR appointed Security Guards, landlord appointed service providers) on the installed Fire Fighting systems to ensure operational readiness and continuity.
- Developing and implementing preventative strategies to ensure fire Life Safety while avoiding risk to humans, plants, equipments and facilities within and around QR Properties. Periodically reviewing compliance and ensuring adequate corrective action is taken to prevent future non-compliance.
- Responding to emergency situations at any of the residential or commercial properties. Reviewing situation and site condition before providing clearance to accommodate the property once again. Safety of the occupants must be given highest priority.
- Performing other department duties as directed by the Head of the Department.
You must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of Job related experience.
You should have knowledge of the principles of fire safety as detailed by the National Fire Protection Association [NFPA] guidance material as well as credible health and safety supporting qualification e.g. NEBOSH. A broad understanding of various international fire (NFPA) and construction standards is necessary. Prior experience and knowledge of Facility Management will be an advantage, as well as working in the Gulf region.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. Passport-size photograph
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.