- Reference ID:- 121487BR
- Work Location:- Qatar – Ras Laffan
- Employment Type:- Full Time
Where you fit in
Pearl GTL is a truly world-class asset in the Shell portfolio. Application of cutting edge technology for the conversion of gas to liquids.
Installed power generation and distribution capacity well in excess of 300 MW.
To work in an environment that is challenging and encourages efficient work processes, through ownership at all levels, technical competence, continuous improvement, multi-disciplinary team working with delegated leadership.
To assist in coaching and development of engineering staff and Qatari nationals as part of the long term people growth and development targets of Qatar Shell
What’s the role
The Electrical Technician will be part of the Electrical Engineering section responsible for the safety, integrity, and reliability of the Pearl GTL asset in Qatar. The incumbent will work in the Central Electrical Maintenance section and shall play a leading role in ensuring and maintaining the integrity of the power generation and distribution systems.
The incumbent has to execute the tasks related to the authority of an Authorised Electrical Person (AEP) operating the electrical system of Pearl GTL Asset assisted by the Electrical Network Monitoring and Control (ENMC) system, as well as the Integrated Motor Control System (IMCS), installed to optimize the operation/maintenance of the facility.
An important element of the role is the development of young local Qatari engineers and advance them both in the technical (SGP & SATP programs) and embed in them the leadership qualities & behaviors consistent with Qatar Shell GTL expectations.
The Electrical Technician will be part of the Electrical Engineering Team based in Ras Laffan Qatar reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager. The team is comprised of around 20 electrical engineering professionals who on a day to day basis contribute to the safety and integrity of the Pearl GTL asset.
The Electrical Technician shall report to the Central Electrical Supervisor. The role does not have any direct reports but offers the opportunity to work in an experienced team with a number of seasoned Shell staff and contractors. The Electrical Section is part of the Pearl GTL Asset organization reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Take full ownership of the safety and reliability of the Pearl GTL Power Generation and Distribution systems.
- Act as an Electrical Authorised Person responsible for High Voltage works and switching activities, installation of temporary electrical installations and the assessment and authorization of electrical personnel.
- Ensure plant integrity through development and implementation of Electrical Engineering Inspection and Maintenance Strategies & Acceptance Standards that are based on applicable international standards and statutory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s QSHE policy and guidelines.
- Ensures that electrical documentation/data are kept up-to-date.
- Liaise with vendors / original equipment manufacturers when specialist support is required.
- Develop strategies and scope for the electrical equipment inspection of the installed electrical equipment and associated systems.
- Assist with the development of Qatari nationals to fulfill line positions in line with company objectives
- Participates in the Electrical Maintenance Duty Roster.
What we need from you
- Proven experience with Electrical Network Monitoring and Control Systems (ENMCs)
- Higher National Education (HND) or an Electrical Engineering degree