Project Engineer New Job At ABB
- Location:- Qatar
- Job Type:- Full Time
- Benefits:-Retirement plan/Medical insurance
- Reference Number:-QA72565963_E3
- Publication date:-2020-02-17
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network
You will be working as a Project Engineer and will be a part of the Industrial Automation business for Measurement and Analytics business line based in Doha, Qatar. In this role you will be reporting to Local Business Unit Manager and will be responsible for leading the execution of medium-size projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy
Abb Project Engineer Your responsibilities
- Leading the project team (direct or virtual) allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects. Managing single-handedly across all attributes of project management
- Understanding contract and contract management effectively. Should be able to decipher the terms and conditions of contract and taking appropriate decisions during execution to ensure zero impact to ABB. Understanding the different agreements (PO, Sub-Contract and Contract). Exposure to consortium agreement is an advantage.
Planning project execution from start to finish, including all necessary resources, activities, documents and materials, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans. Periodically reviewing project plan and analyzing critical issues for correction. Taking pre-emptive actions to avoid any execution issues. Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitoring and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, quantifying and managing project risks, and ensuring that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Capturing, analyzing and sharing lessons learned throughout the project. Ensuring that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgment by the customer.
Ensuring that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinating with supply chain management, and successfully procuring required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Supporting supply chain management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
Acting as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicating with all stakeholders. Assuring ABB commitments to the customer are met, in accordance with contract. Periodically collecting customer feedback besides formal customer satisfaction survey.
Monthly presenting an account of project status or issues in project reviews. Reporting status or progress reports to customers and other stakeholders with appropriate detail. Raising potential project issues to relevant stakeholders.
Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Electronics & instrumentation
- Minimum 8-year experience in managing projects, managing multi-fact projects.
- Required domain experience in automation and Instrumentation business for Oil and Gas would be added advantage.
- Ability to analyze numerical data and all other sources of information and decision making.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills as well as decision making capability.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.